Associate Director / Director, Computational Chemistry
About Cedilla Therapeutics:
Cedilla is a private biotechnology company developing targeted small molecule medicines for the treatment of cancer and other diseases caused by protein dysregulation. The company employs a target-centric approach, focusing on scientifically validated drivers of disease that have eluded conventional therapeutic modalities. Cedilla identifies functionally relevant proteoforms, or protein states, creating novel opportunities for therapeutic intervention. For more information, visit www.cedillatx.com.
We are looking for a scientist with broad expertise in computational chemistry, chemical informatics, and small molecule drug discovery. You will help move our programs from target selection and hit finding through clinical candidate selection. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing internal and commercial tools to enable Cedilla’s platform and programs. Intellectual and scientific curiosity, flexibility, personal motivation and drive are key attributes for all members of our team.
- Define appropriate modeling software needs to support all medicinal chemistry and cheminformatics efforts, in collaboration with IT/Research Informatics colleagues.
- Work with project teams to generate structural hypotheses for new analog design, as part of our Design/Make/Test/Analyze cycles.
- Execute both structure-based and ligand-based work-flows, including development of pharmacophore and QSAR models, ligand docking, virtual screening, protein-protein interaction, MD simulation and energy perturbation calculations.
- Develop methodologies to inform on protein conformational space accessibility, including free energy methods and energetic analysis.
- Develop custom tools to enable data analysis, sharing and visualization.
- Provide scientific leadership within a multi-disciplinary drug discovery team, particularly providing guidance to internal and external chemistry teams for new target designs.
- Ph.D. in computational chemistry, chemical informatics, physical organic chemistry, biophysics or related field.
- 8 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience on multiple successful small molecule programs.
- Solid understanding of chemometrics, which includes QSAR methodologies, pharmacophore development, 2D and 3D similarity, data mining and visualization, protein modeling, conformational analysis, molecular docking, library analysis and design.
- Ability to work across various disciplines involved in small molecule drug discovery, including working with colleagues in Computational Biology and Computational Proteomics.
- Expertise in medicinal chemistry and basic knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry.
- Ability to work independently within a collaborative environment while demonstrating leadership, creativity and adaptability in your scientific work.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and scientific creativity are essential.
- Strong scientific programming skills (Perl, Python, R, Linux) and expertise with pipelining tools (Knime, Pipeline Pilot)
Cedilla is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Cedilla does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Staffing agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any Cedilla employees. Cedilla is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies.
*To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com