Associate Director / Director, Preclinical Project Management
We are a close-knit, driven, and patient-focused team of drug discovery and precision oncology experts bringing a new dimension to precision oncology. We have discovered new ways to selectively inhibit oncogenic drivers with small molecules that conditionally modulate proteins in their functional state. Our conditional inhibitors are unlocking critical and elusive cancer targets including TEAD and CDK2.
You are a drug discovery scientist with experience leading program management for late lead optimization through IND-filing. As the Preclinical Project Manager you will work with preclinical project teams and scientific leadership, helping to develop, drive and coordinate project strategy and execution. Ideally with a scientific drug discovery background, you would draw on successful project management experience, obtained in a biotech or pharma setting. Intellectual and scientific curiosity, flexibility, personal motivation and drive are key attributes for all members of our team.
We view you as a key leader/scientist in the company, whose contributions will be critical to the success of our endeavor. Your role would include:
- Leads program management activities for late lead optimization through development candidate selection, preclinical development and IND-filing.
- Supports the project leaders and the project team in the development of the program strategy for selection of the development candidate and progression into clinical development, by planning and tracking activities in late lead optimization, pre-clinical development, through IND filing.
- In support of project leaders, create integrated development plans, develop and analyze program strategies/costs/risks and revise plans accordingly. Identify, track, and support resolution efforts for all program-related issues.
- Collaborate with Clinical Operations, Clinical Development and Regulatory Affairs around IND preparation to ensure team-based approach with efficient workflow.
- Facilitate resolution of conflicts between functional groups while maintaining objectivity
- Builds team spirit and positive team environment.
- Mentor, supervise and encourage development of scientists working in pre-clinical development.
Some of the highlights of your background are:
- 10+ years of relevant biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- 3+ years in a program management role. Hands on experience in leading program management activities for programs in preclinical development.
- Strong scientific background in Biology, Chemistry, or other area of drug discovery or clinical development. Postgraduate degree in the sciences a plus.
- Oncology experience strongly preferred.
- Able to handle complexity and ambiguity as well as be able to prioritize effectively
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influence, cross-functionally.
- Must have the ability to motivate others, prioritize multiple tasks, and maintain positive interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to clearly communicate complex program information in formal and informal settings.
- Good conflict resolution and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Experience setting and maintaining budgets.
- Knowledge of project management tools (GANTs, Excel, etc.).
*To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org