AD / Director, Biology
We are Cedilla. We are here to beat cancer by going after the most vulnerable targets that drive this terrible disease. We have the expertise to put proteins in context and develop conditional inhibitors that selectively perform when proteins are in their functional state. We are not daunted when targets appear elusive. Our goal is to stop cancer-causing proteins in their tracks with small molecules that deliver a knock-out punch. We are moving forward with urgency, because we know our work has the potential to transform lives and patients can’t wait.
You are an experienced project team leader and manager with exceptional problem-solving and cross-functional team management skills. Curiosity, flexibility, personal motivation, and drive are key attributes for all members of our team.
We view you as a key contributor whose contributions will be critical to our success. Your role will include:
- Leading a cross-functional drug discovery team from lead optimization to IND.
- Acting as senior biologist in the group by providing guidance and experimental design oversight on a range of activities (including indication expansion; biomarker assay development; rational combination discovery and implementation).
- Mentoring and day to day management of junior scientists.
- Managing external CRO and academic collaborator relationships to achieve delivery on team goals.
- Developing and adapting new and existing technologies to industry standards.
- Being recognized as an internal biology leader with the expectation to publish and present data to external audiences.
Some of the highlights of your background are:
- PhD, Molecular/Cell Biology or a similar field preferred
- 7-10 years of experience as an industry biologist with demonstrated project team leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to guide junior scientists through experimental design, troubleshooting, data interpretation, and communication of results.
- Track record of research productivity with an advanced understanding of cancer dependency pathways.
- Experience with general cellular and molecular assay technologies (e.g. HiBiT, CTGlo, HTRF).
- Must have exceptional problem-solving, collaboration, time management, organizational, and prioritization skills.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com