Director / Sr. Director, Toxicology
Cedilla Therapeutics is a close-knit, driven, and patient-focused team of drug discovery and oncology experts bringing a new dimension to precision oncology. We have discovered new ways to selectively inhibit oncogenic drivers with small molecules that conditionally modulate proteins in their functional state. Our conditional inhibitors are unlocking critical and elusive cancer targets including TEAD and CDK2. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced start-up environment, and candidates who are keen experimentalists, enthusiastic, creative, and have a passion for drug discovery should apply.
We are looking for a scientist with broad expertise in toxicology across small molecule discovery and early development programs. You will help move our programs from LeadOp to clinical candidate selection and into IND-enabling studies. Intellectual and scientific curiosity, flexibility, personal motivation, and drive are key attributes for all members of our team.
We view you as an important team member whose contributions will be critical to our success. Those contributions will include:
- Leading the preclinical Drug Safety Evaluation function providing a strategic vision in support of late discovery and early development programs in oncology.
- Design and execution of both in vitro and in vivo studies to help determine the suitability of a molecular candidate for transition into development.
- Selection and management of contract research organizations for non-GLP and GLP toxicology studies.
- Recognition of need, as well as design and execution of non-clinical investigative studies, as a part of a risk management plan.
- Knowledge of the regulatory expectations for opening an IND and registering in the US, EU, and Japan.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have in-depth toxicology experience in the development of oncology chemotherapeutics in both non-GLP and GLP environments.
- Familiarity with peripherally related disciplines including pharmacokinetics and drug metabolism, formulation, pharmacology, cellular biology.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in small molecule drug discovery.
- Ph.D., or DVM (with board certification) in Toxicology, Pharmacology or Pathology plus 8 years experience.
- Experience in regulatory documentation and filings.
- Experience with in vitro and in vivo models used in discovery and development for safety profiling and toxicology studies.
- Ability to provide direction to project teams and make decisions based on preclinical toxicology findings.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com