Open PositionsBack to Open Positions
Senior Research Associate, Biophysics/Biochemistry
We are looking for a senior research associate, biophysics/ biochemistry.
We are looking for you!
We are an energetic new company focused on harnessing intrinsic protein stability mechanisms to broaden the reach of small molecule therapeutics. By working on cancer and other diseases caused by protein dysregulation, we have an opportunity to create unique and valuable new medicines.
You are a collaborative and enthusiastic biochemist/ biophysics research associate who is excited to build and drive drug discovery programs in a creative and purposeful environment. You will be responsible for expression, purification, and biophysical characterization of proteins and protein-ligand interactions.
We view you as an important scientist in the company, whose contributions will be critical to the success of our endeavor. Those contributions would include:
- Biophysical characterization of protein-ligand interactions using an array of biophysical techniques such as SPR, DSF, DSC, MST or Biodesy
- Biochemical assay development and execution
- Interactions with contract research organizations
- Expression and purification of proteins (affinity, size exclusion and ion exchange)
Highlights of your background include:
- S/M.S. in biochemistry or a related discipline with 3-5 years of research laboratory experience
- Capable of independently designing and conducting experiments in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Experience developing and running biochemical assays is a plus
- Experience with biophysical characterization of proteins is essential
- Hands-on experience with DSF, ITC, Biacore is strongly preferred. Experiences with EnVision and QuantStudio is favorably considered
- Experience in protein chemistry including expression, purification is strongly preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and strong documentation skills essential
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams of scientists in a dynamic environment to accomplish project and company goals
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills a must
You are not just an amazing senior research associate, you’re the whole package!
How do I apply?
Please send your resume and anything else you would like to share to Careers@CedillaTX.com
Cedilla is leveraging a growing understanding of the principles that dictate protein stability and applying those principles to target proteins that drive cancer and other diseases. Cedilla’s integrated product engine includes target-centric and unbiased approaches and is designed to produce small molecule therapeutics that degrade protein targets. Although degradation by small molecules has been observed serendipitously, degradation as a mechanism of action has not been pursued systematically in small molecule drug discovery.
We were launched in April 2018 and are backed by Third Rock Ventures.