Open PositionsBack to Open Positions
We are looking for a Computational Biologist
We are looking for you!
You are an innovative and enthusiastic computational biologist who is interested to help develop therapies for cancer patients using Cedilla’s novel approach for targeted protein degradation. A critical component of this job will be the development of computational models for target discovery using novel machine learning and statistical approaches. These models will support new biological insights to drive primary research by our larger scientific team.
About You and How You Will Have an Impact
We view you as a critical thought leader in the company and you will contribute in countless ways.
A few of them are:
- Devise new models and algorithms for target discovery based on omics and genetic perturbation datasets
- Rapidly prototype and implement these ideas and generate focused hypotheses
- Implement and optimize algorithms for internal computational pipelines and use by the broader community
- Communicate results to biologists and computational biologists; present results in internal and external meetings
- Explore and develop novel data visualization tools
- Collaborate with lab scientists as a project team member
Some of the highlights of your background are:
- A PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (such as computer science, bioinformatics, math, physics, or engineering), or in biology with a strong quantitative background
- Fast learner, innovative and analytical thinker
- Understanding statistical and machine learning methods applied to biology and drug discovery
- Knowledge of cancer biology is a plus
- Proficient programming skills in at least one of the following: R, Python, Java
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks like Keras, TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Ability to formulate and test hypotheses by designing and implementing computational approaches
- Ability to effectively interpret and communicate conclusions from complex data is essential
You are not just an amazing scientist, you’re the whole package!
Cedilla is leveraging a growing understanding of the principles that dictate protein stability and applying those principles to target proteins that drive cancer and other diseases. Cedilla’s integrated product engine includes target-centric and unbiased approaches and is designed to produce small molecule therapeutics that degrade protein targets. Although degradation by small molecules has been observed serendipitously, degradation as a mechanism of action has not been pursued systematically in small molecule drug discovery.
We were launched in April 2018 and are backed