Open PositionsBack to Open Positions
Research Associate, Biology
We are an energetic new company focused on harnessing intrinsic protein stability mechanisms to broaden the reach of small molecule therapeutics. By working on cancer and other diseases caused by protein dysregulation, in ways that are distinct from other approaches, we have an opportunity to create unique and valuable new medicines.
You are a highly motivated research associate with intellectual curiosity and a drive to discover and validate drug targets and develop innovative cellular assays to enable cancer drug discovery. The successful candidate will be a consummate team player who seeks a highly scientifically rigorous environment for their career development in drug discovery.
We view you as an important scientist in the company, whose contributions will be critical to the success of our endeavor. Those contributions would include:
- Design, develop and execute cancer biology experiments focused on the identification and validation of new drug targets
- Design, develop and execute cellular assays to support drug discovery programs and characterize mechanism of action for drug candidates
- Proactively review literature to bring in newest scientific findings, ideas, and methods/technologies for discovery research
- Interpret, summarize and present research findings in internal scientific meetings
- Actively participate in and collaborate with multidisciplinary drug discovery teams
Highlights of your background include:
- BS/ MS in Cell & Molecular Biology or Genetics or related discipline
- Cell biology skills working with established cell lines required; experience in cancer biology and drug discovery preferred
- Expertise with all or some of the following: cell-based assays, including CRISPR, siRNA & lentiviral shRNA gene knockdown, phenotypic and mechanistic cellular assays, Q-RT-PCR, cell proliferation, apoptosis, Western blotting/ELISA, cellular immunostaining, flow cytometry/FACS analysis
- Familiarity with molecular biology and cloning
- Ability to work within a dynamic, matrixed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organizational and problem-solving abilities
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume to Careers@Cedillatx.com with the job title in the subject line of your email.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.