Open PositionsBack to Open Positions
Senior Research Associate (Biochemistry / Biology)
About Cedilla Therapeutics:
Cedilla is a private biotechnology company developing targeted small molecule medicines for the treatment of cancer and other diseases caused by protein dysregulation. The company employs a target-centric approach, focusing on scientifically validated drivers of disease that have eluded conventional therapeutic modalities. Cedilla identifies functionally relevant proteoforms, or protein states, creating novel opportunities for therapeutic intervention. For more information, visit www.cedillatx.com.
We are looking for a curious and motivated scientist with expertise in biochemistry and biophysical methodologies. You will play a key role to support our target validation and novel assay development to support ongoing discovery activities, including hit confirmation and optimization. You must be resourceful, organized, and enjoy being part of a team in a matrix-based environment solving challenging scientific problems to benefit patients.
- Develop, validate, and execute biochemical and cellular assays to support hit confirmation and lead optimization activities.
- Conduct experiments to determine mechanism of action with lead molecules.
- Perform target validation activities.
- Analyze, interpret, and present data at project team and regular lab meetings.
- S/M.S. in biochemistry or a related discipline
- 1-3 years of relevant research laboratory experience.
- Expertise in protein biochemistry methods such as SDS-PAGE, Western Blots, and immunoprecipitations.
- Proficient in biochemical and cellular assay development.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and transfections with siRNA and CRISPR.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment.
*To apply, please submit your resume and anything else you would like to share at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cedilla is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Cedilla does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Staffing agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any Cedilla employees. Cedilla is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies.