Senior Scientist, Chemical Biology
We are a team of seasoned drug discoverers and developers on a mission to bring forward a new generation of targeted therapies for the treatment of cancer and other diseases caused by protein dysregulation. The company employs a target-centric approach, focusing on scientifically validated drivers of disease that have eluded conventional therapeutic modalities. Cedilla identifies functionally relevant proteoforms, or protein states, creating novel opportunities for therapeutic intervention.
You are an experienced scientist with hands-on expertise in chemical biology and strong desire for executing on strategies aimed to identify and characterize novel ways to drug difficult targets working closely with other Cedilla scientists. As a Chemical Biology Senior Scientist you will join our growing team as a key contributor to Cedilla’s strategy to “putting proteins in context”. You will develop and use chemical biology probes and workflows to explore the diverse proteoform pool and interactome for selected proteins of interest, in relevant biological context, to identify opportunities for therapeutic intervention.
We view you as a thoughtful scientific leader in the company, whose contributions will be critical to the success of our endeavor. Those contributions include:
- Designing chemical biology strategies, conducting experiments and interpreting complex data to investigate the effect of the cellular context on protein function.
- Identifying and characterizing protein-ligand and protein-protein interactions (PLIs and PPIs) and post-translational modifications (PTMs) using state-of-the-art methods.
- Participating on multi-disciplinary teams, collaborating with colleagues in biochemistry, biophysics and cell biology to answer key scientific questions that support the selection and enablement of high value drug targets, and to characterize the mechanism of action (MoA) and in-cell engagement of small molecules.
- Working closely with external partners to complement in-house capabilities.
Some of the highlights of your background are:
- Expertise in bio-compatible and biorthogonal synthetic chemistry methods and principles for structure-activity relationship (SAR) optimization applied towards the design and selection of chemical biology probes for protein labeling, residue mapping and activity-based proteomics.
- Proven track record in the implementation of diverse chemical biology and chemo-proteomics workflows and experiments applied to study PLIs and PPIs. Hands-on experience using proximity-based labeling (such as BioID or APEX), chemically-induced proximity (CIP) and activity-based proteomic profiling (ABPP) methods are highly desirable.
- General understanding of quantitative high-resolution MS workflows with hands-on experience in sample preparation are preferred.
- Creative and independent scientific thinking to solve complex technical and scientific problems. Capable of integrating information generated from multiple sources to shape and strengthen experimental design and research hypotheses.
- Highly self-motivated, with excellent attention to detail and strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to work independently, yet team-oriented and capable of mentoring junior team members, building strong relationships with peers, customers and partners/collaborators.
- Ph.D. or equivalent with 6+ years of industry applied experience, with a focus on chemical biology.
*To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org